Sunday, September 27, 2009

Duathlon!

I randomly decided yesterday to participate in the duathlon that I was supposed to be volunteering (is it considered volunteering when you are kind of forced to help?) for today.

I was a beautiful day for racing! I just did the mini-"duwop" - 1/2 mile run, 6.5 mile bike, 2 mile run. Very short, but that's what i needed since I didn't do one lick of triathlon/duathlon training this year. But, the exciting part for me was that I did much better than I thought I was going to - and almost even placed in my age group! (Okay, there were only 6 of us in my age group, but I came in 4th - so that's almost placing :-). ) The great thing about this race is that it was all women - and all abilities, so you really were just out there to exercise and compete against yourself. I had never participated in all women's tri's or du's before (though volunteered at several), I'm officially a fan now. Perhaps I'll sign up to actually do one of the all women's triathlons next year.

I'm exhausted though - and sun burned again - dang it.

Oh - and all you Broncos nay sayers out there - we're still undefeated!!! WOOHOO!!! Take that Shannon Sharpe - we induct you one week and you pick the Raiders against us the next week?

Love my Broncs!

No comments:

Post a Comment