Thursday, November 10, 2011

And I'll proudly stand up next to you and defend her still today....


You probably already know this, but I'm a bit of a Patriot. I love traveling abroad, but the moment I catch the site of stars and stripes, or red, white and blue upon return, I get a little teary eyed. I get goosebumps everytime I hear The Star Spangled Banner, even when its sung by 6 and 7 year olds at the Rockies' games who hit about 70% of the notes. I sometimes regret the fact that I didn't go into some sort of ROTC program in college. Basically, I love being an American and love and fully respect the people that helped defend the freedoms that we have.


Today (well, tomorrow depending on what time you read this I guess) is Veterans Day, so I wanted to share some of my favorite Veterans, thank you to all Veterans! Happy Veterans Day!!!!!!








My favorite Sergeant Major, My Uncle Rich (and my Auntie Barbara - being a Seargeant Major's wife deserves a shout out on Veterans Day too!)


















My Grandpa Lindy Lee Lein - He served in the Army immediately after WWII ended.











My favorite Purple Heart Recipient (recieved during WWII) my other Grandpa - James Flint (and me!) :



One last person that I want to mention - the only person that I have personally known that has passed away while serving our country, Chris Anderson:





(More details about Chris can be found here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment